As the turn of the nineteenth century approached the need for a school was one of the pressing issues of the Weston community.  In 1882 a public school was begun in a one room log cabin on the old Natchitoches road about a mile south of the present location with Mr. R. R. Graham as principal.  About thirty students attended this school, studying from Webster’s Blueback Speller, McGuffey’s Reader, Cornell’s Geography and University Arithmetic.   In 1883 the school was moved to Rocky Springs, a mile west of the present site, and continued there until 1889 under the principalship of T. H. DeLony. About 1890 the community school was moved to the present site which was donated by Mr. Billy Walsworth.   A two-story frame building was erected.  The Masonic Order occupied the upper room and the one-room school was housed in the lower room.  Mr. A. M. Wailes and his daughter, Frankie, taught several terms here being paid fifty dollars a month by the school board. When this building became inadequate a two-room structure was built.  Both buildings were used for some time.  In 1914 the enrollment had increased until there was need for additional housing space. A two-story frame building was erected in 1914 at a cost of $5,000.00.  The former building was renovated and used as a domestic science cottage, with Miss Syble Lane the first domestic science teacher.  In 1915 Weston School was officially made a high school.  This new school plant was completely destroyed by fire after only one year of service.  The insurance was applied on the three-story brick building, erected in 1916 at a cost of $11,000.00 and was continuously used until being replaced in 1968.  The year 1918 was a thrilling one for the students and the community as it marked the first commencement.  The two graduates were Molly Freeman Casey, later of St. Louis, Missouri and Webb McBride, a long-time Principal and Superintendant in West Carroll parish.  With the beginning of a high school football became a popular sport and a few years later Weston boasted a district championship team.  Basketball was of much interest to the girls and boys alike.  The rich tradition founded in those early days continue in all of the athlectic endeavors of students today. The late twenties brought better means of transportation to and from school.  The school board bought a “Model-T”school bus and all pupils living two miles or further from the school were allowed to ride.  Mr. Barnie Willis was employed to drive the bus. In 1937 the district voted a $10,000.00 bond issue for the purpose of bulding a gymnasium, the first in the parish.  The building consisted of a large basketball court, dressing rooms, a stage, hot and cold showers and modern rest room facilities. The late 1930’s provided Weston with a band, an improvement program for the school grounds sponsored by the Works Progress Administration and a peak year in enrollemnt - 320 pupils in 1938. In subsequent years more construction has upgraded and expanded the physical plant of West High School.  An agriculture building was erected in 1949.  It consisted of a classroom, farm shop, tool and storage room and an office.  It was one of the most modern and well-equipped departments in the parish.  In the summer of 1955 a new cafeteria was built at a cost of $20,578.00.  Students also enjoyed the arcades built from the main building to the cafeteria and to the gymnasium.  During 1956 a new principals home was built on the site of the old one.  1964 brought the opening of a new elementary building and school offices.  1966 saw the completion of a new gymnasium and the demolition of the old.  1968 saw the end of an era at Weston High School as the old three-story brick building was torn down with the completion of a new high school building.  Through these years baseball and softball fields have been added and the playground area has been increased to accomodate the booming school population.  The agriculture building was destroyed by fire in 20-- and was replaced with a new and more modern facility.  Also, the library has been moved to a library building and offers students an expanded area to do research and and access resources for education.  (1) (1)    Excerpted in part from the 1958 Wolfpack.  Original researcher not noted